What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you: (1) personally identifiable information (“PII”) and (2) non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII”). PII is any information that you supply to us that can individually identify you. PII includes, among other things, your name and contact information (e.g., email address, postal address, telephone number). Non-PII includes information that does not personally identify you. Non-PII includes, among other things, information about your use of the Sites, such as your IP address, device identifiers, general location information, and demographic data.
Personally Identifiable Information As a general matter, you can browse the Sites without submitting your PII to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us with your PII. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your PII:
- You contact us or request assistance.
- Sign up to receive e-mail offers, newsletters or alerts.
- Participation in surveys, panels, or market research.
- Participation on social media accounts involving Company.
- Any other place on the Sites where you knowingly volunteer information.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information From Social Media Sites When you interact with any Storyhackers page or account on a social media platform, we may collect the PII that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information As stated above, we also collect non-PII when users interact with the Sites. Non-PII does not personally identify you. Generally, we collect and store the following categories of non-PII:
- Device information used to access the Sites. This may include IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other information.
- Usage information about interaction with the Sites. This includes a history of the pages viewed, or other information used to customize the Sites.
- Additional use data such as time and date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, and referring website addresses.
- Aggregate data regarding the use of the Sites.
Collection of Information From Other Sources We also may collect information about you that we receive from other sources or from our offline interactions with you to, among other things, enable us to verify, update information contained in our records and to better customize Sites for you.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Sites. We may use your personally and non-personally identifiable information in the following ways:
General Uses The following general uses:
- Provide content, products and services.
- Communicate about changes to our policies.
- Send offers or promotions for our products, services or special events.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites.
Combination of Your Personally Identifiable Information We may use the information from one portion of the Sites on other portions of Sites, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Sites into a single record. We may also use or combine information that we collect offline or we collect or receive from third-party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
We may disclose your PII collected on the Sites to our agents, affiliates, partners, and other third parties as described below.
Third-Party Agents We have third-party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and service providers that perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to: hosting, website development, technical integration, marketing, analytics, and other functions. These entities may have access to your PII if needed to perform their functions.
Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations We may also use or disclose PII if required to do so by law or on the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Sites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Sites or our users, or (c) act to protect the personal safety of us, users of the Sites or the public.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information We may disclose your non-PII in any other manner that we deem appropriate. Among other things, we will disclose non-PII to third parties to help us determine how people use parts of the Sites and how we can improve our Sites. We will also disclose non-PII to our service providers and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Sites.
What Steps Are Taken to Keep Personally Identifiable Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your PII and take certain security measures to help protect such information. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your PII once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Notice to Non-US Users